The use of lead-acid batteries is very extensive. The main function of the battery for motor vehicles is to start the engine, and the main function of the battery for electric vehicles is as a power source, which is often deeply charged and deeply discharged. The main function of the battery for backup power supply is to provide emergency power supply in the event of a power failure, and in most cases it is in a floating charge state. The solar wind energy storage battery mainly relies on solar cells or wind turbines to charge the battery, the battery is used as a power source, and the battery is in the process of charging and discharging at any time.
According to the different uses of the battery, the structure and characteristics of the battery grid are also different.
1. Battery grid for starting
The starting battery is in the state of instantaneous high current discharge, up to 400~600 A, with short discharge time and high starting power. During use, the floating state generally occupies most of the time of the entire use process. The cold winter low temperature performance is better. The service life is 2 to 3 years. Based on these circumstances, the grid design should consider the following aspects:
1) The thickness of the grid should be thin, generally not more than 2 mm, to ensure high current discharge performance.
2) The middle pole lug grid is better than the polar lug grid, the radial rib structure is better than the straight rib structure, and the fine structure change of the grid affects the effect of the grid.
3) The ratio of height to width is significantly smaller than other grids, generally less than 1.
4) The ratio of the thickness of the positive and negative grids is small, which mainly considers the negative plate to determine the charging receiving capacity and the needs of low temperature and high current discharge. Usually around 1.25.
5) The width of the tabs is larger than other types of grids of similar size.
6) The ribs are dense and the thickness of the ribs is moderate.
2. Large and medium fixed valve regulated battery grid
Large and medium fixed valve-regulated batteries have higher life requirements, generally more than 5 years, and some even 10 years. During the use of the battery, the discharge current rate relative to the capacity is not high, the use environment is generally good, and the floating charge time accounts for a high proportion of the use time, that is, it is generally in a floating charge state. The grid design should consider the following aspects:
1) The thickness of the grid is thick, generally 1.8 ~ 4 mm.
2) The radiating rib structure has little effect on the performance of the battery, and the effect of the middle tab is also small.
3) As the battery is in use, there are various placements. Therefore, the ratio of width to height of the grid is various. Specifically according to the tank design. Generally there are tall and short.
4) The ribs are relatively sparse and the ribs are thick.
3. Electric moped battery grid
The battery life of electric mopeds is about 2 years, and it requires high capacity. It belongs to the type of deep charge and deep discharge battery. The discharge current is relatively stable, the charging state is good, and the discharge state is harsh (can be used at low temperature, high temperature, and vibration). Therefore, the grid design should consider the following aspects:
1) The suitable thickness of the grid is 2.5~3.0 mm for the positive grid and 1.5~2.0 mm for the negative grid.
2) The height and width of the grid are basically determined by the groove body. Due to the high capacity requirements, the grid design is relatively high compared to other uses
(relative tank body).
3) The ratio of the thickness of the positive and negative plates is large, which is mainly the reason for increasing the positive active material to ensure the life.
4) The ribs are sparse and the rib structure is thin. This mainly increases the amount of active substance to increase the capacity.
4. Energy storage battery grid
The charging and discharging of the energy storage battery is irregular, and it may often be in an overcharged or overdischarged state, which is greatly affected by the weather and geographical location. Longer service life is required. Due to the difference in installation conditions, some batteries have to withstand the harsh environment of high temperature and low temperature.
1) The thickness of the grid is 1.6~4.0 mm.
2) The spacing between horizontal and vertical ribs can be slightly larger.
3) Ribs should not be too thin.