1. Performance index of stationary battery
The name and representation of the performance indicators of the stationary battery are similar to those of the starting battery, but due to the difference in use, some indicators have been increased or decreased. The performance indicators of the fixed vented battery include 10h rate capacity C10, 1h rate capacity C1, 0.5h rate capacity C0.5, instantaneous discharge, self-discharge, acid resistance, safety, maximum current, life, trickle charge capacity and electrolyte storage.
The fixed valve-regulated battery has the following indicators:
(1) Capacity: expressed in 10h rate capacity C10. When testing according to the standard, C10 should be tested, and C3 and C1 should be tested as required.
(2) Charge resistance: an indicator of charge resistance, a fully charged battery is charged with a current of 0.3 I10 (A) for 160h, and the appearance should not be deformed or leaked.
(3) Charge retention capacity: the indicator of self-discharge when the battery is stored, the charge retention capacity of the battery stored for 90 days is greater than 80%.
(4) Recharge performance (valve-controlled type): It reflects the discharge performance after floating charge.
(5) Cycle durability: including float charge cycle durability, overcharge cycle durability, accelerated float charge cycle durability, thermal runaway sensitivity, low temperature sensitivity, etc.
(6) Safety: Including gas evolution, high current tolerance, short-circuit current and internal resistance balance, explosion-proof capability, anti-acid fog capability, exhaust valve action, resistance to grounding short-circuit, flame retardant requirements of materials, resistance to mechanical damage, etc.
2. Naming of stationary batteries
(1) Model name of fixed acid-proof battery
There is no number in front of this naming method, it can be considered that “1” is omitted, indicating that the voltage of the battery is 2V; G represents the fixed type, P represents the exhaust type, and the last number represents the 10h rate capacity. The stationary exhaust type is a flooded battery.
(2) Model name of fixed valve regulated battery
In the model, when the first digit is “6”, it represents 6 cells, and the rated voltage of the battery is 12V; when it is “3”, it represents 3 cells, and the rated voltage is 6V; when it is “1”, it is omitted, the rated voltage of the battery is 2V, “G” represents the fixed type; “FM” represents the valve-controlled type; the last number represents the 10h rate capacity, expressed in A·h.
The terminals for fixing lead-acid batteries are straight terminals with holes. There are requirements but not as severe as the terminal requirements for starting batteries.